1st year of dual language immersion/global studies programs works
June 21, 2013
The Bell Hill Academy staff thanks the families, community volunteers, local businesses and organizations and talented artists and musicians who helped make the first year of our Dual Language Immersion/Global Studies programs a success. Along with the required state standards in language arts, math, science and social studies, the teachers incorporated global studies lessons to help students develop an understanding of the cultures of some of the countries on six continents. Students participated in several customs of countries around the world through storytelling, cooking, drumming, art and dance/music.
An extension of the Dual Language Immersion program included the teaching of Spanish to all students. Looking forward to next year! Thanks again.
Janette Creamer, on behalf of
Bell Hill Academy staff
Trending In: Letters
- Lake Tahoe within 3 feet of legal limit
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Person refuses to leave until he’s done sleeping
- North San Juan family loses virtually everything in house fire
- 16 people evacuated from Cascade Shores area
- ‘Spread the love’ event in downtown Grass Valley hits unsuspecting passersby with flowers