17-year-old knows what it means to give back
November 1, 2013
Hannah Josefson, a 17-year-old local student, volunteered to coach a Gold Country Soccer under-10 team.
She stepped up to the challenge because she was told of the need and knew that kids would otherwise be unable to play. She has coached this team with enthusiasm and pizzazz. The parents have said she is the best coach their child has ever had.
I want to celebrate Hannah for her sacrifice and understanding of what it means to give back to your community. Also, because of her age, Hannah's mom, Bonnie has had to come to every practice and game.
Trending In: Letters
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Driver rear-ends vehicle, flees scene of Highway 49 wreck, CHP says
- Man dies from NorCal gas station nacho-cheese dip
- Couple found dead in plane wreckage in Northern California
- Nevada County judge dismisses conviction against former Supervisor Terry Lamphier