Leave science to scientists
January 26, 2005
Regarding Russell Steele’s Other Voices, Dec. 17 (“The science behind global warming”):
Predictably, about every six months or so, Russ Steele emerges from beneath his ideological rock to pillory the science and scientists supporting the global climate-change paradigm. Selectively, statistics are trotted out and enumerated as Mr. Steele holds forth as if the final arbiter on this issue. Mr. Steele, just what are your credentials that provide you with such surety of opinion?
It pains me to know that legions of experts, using the most sophisticated technology known to man, educated in such backwater educational wastelands as MIT, Stanford, UC Berkeley, Cal Tech, working for such discredited organizations as the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, USGS, the Jet Propulsion Lab, NASA, yada, yada, yada, waste our resources coming up with hair-brain “theories.” Cut taxes!
Please, Mr. Steele, leave the science to scientists, the vast number of whom support the belief that human-caused activities are responsible, at least in part, for the rapid climate change underway globally. Dude, the Arctic is melting! Chill!
Tom Van Wagner
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Opinion
- Insurance companies dropping homeowners in Nevada County
- Heat wave comes to Nevada County with the first day of summer (Video)
- Nevada County jury convicts John Richard Green on 16 out of 18 counts in child sex case
- Mindy Oberne: The real deal on SB 562, the single-payer legislation
- Vehicle fire: Fire units battling blaze at Hwy 20 and Poker Flat Road (Video)