Katrina is colorblind
September 8, 2005
Shame on those self-identifying black leaders who interject themselves as spokepersons for Afro-Americans and interracism as reasons that the evacuation was slow for the black victims of Hurricane Katrina.
Condoleezza Rice, who will go down in history as the greatest and most respected diplomat in U.S. history, an Afro-American and a native Alabamian, who went abroad and secured millions in donations from Third World countries to help the victims who were devastated by Katrina, refuted their statement that racism was involved.
They cry racism to promote their own self-egos while exploiting their people and taking advantage of their suffering and grief.
Ninety percent of Grass Valley donors who are white donated to the victims of Katrina, who are mostly black. Show me the racism.
You so-called black leaders don’t get it. The song is people helping people.
Trending In: Opinion
- Caltrans director: We heard you loud and clear on Highway 49 safety
- George Boardman: LaMalfa, majority of people at town hall were on different wave lengths
- Our View: More conversations, fewer arguments are the way forward
- Hilary Hodge: Doug LaMalfa should know no seat is safe
- Thomas Elias: Real estate prices driving moves from California