Iraq is about oil
March 18, 2005
A regular contributor ended his latest piece with:
” … I don’t believe that any evidence will show that this is an ‘Oil War’ brought about by Bush.”
Perhaps, he would believe Paul O’Neill, respected Republican, a top official under Presidents Nixon and Ford, confidant of Alan Greenspan, ex-CEO of ALCOA, and Bush’s first secretary of treasury.
From the beginning of Bush’s first term and earlier, the invasion of Iraq was a major goal with oil as a main ingredient. Meetings with mapping of Iraq’s oil fields and exploration areas listing companies that might be interested. Documents like “Foreign Suitors for Iraqi Oilfield Contracts.” Plans for how the world’s second largest oil reserve might be divided among the world’s contractors.
Don’t take my word for it, do a Google search on “Paul O’Neill.” Then you decide. But you won’t find any links to Limbaugh, O’Reilly, Hannity, or FOX.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Opinion
- Grass Valley death: Arrest made in death of Brian Sharp
- Cause of death for Brian Sharp pending toxicology tests, Grass Valley police say
- Nevada Union graduate Jillian Smith vies for Miss California crown
- Ex-wife of Brian Sharp charged in death of Grass Valley man
- Grass Valley death: Authorities release ID of deceased man