Golden Empire cleans up roundabout
August 10, 2012
If you regularly use the Idaho-Maryland roundabout, you may have noticed that it has been weeded, watered and newly planted. Golden Empire Nursing & Rehab Center has “adopted” the roundabout as part of the Grass Valley Public Works Department’s Adopt-a-Park/Trail/Median program.
A crew of 19 from Golden Empire has weeded the area and planted a variety of flowering plants and shrubs, donated by the facility. According to Administrator Vicki Young, they are looking forward to planting bulbs in the fall.
“These programs are important to the community, and it’s a great opportunity to help beautify our public roadways,” added Young.
Trending In: Opinion
- Hilary Hodge: My coming out story
- Our community must decide what it wants in terms of growth
- George Boardman: Fake news a lot like pornography; People know it when they see it
- Darrell Berkheimer: Truck trouble stalls long-planned Alaska trip
- Hilary Hodge: State Democratic Party convention an eye-opening experience
- Penn Valley woman accused of trying to mail suspected drugs to prison
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- Nevada County banker stepping away after half century in the business
- John Drew: The truth about Centennial Reservoir and the Bear River
- Railbus 97 restored and ready to ride at Nevada County Narrow Gauge Railroad Museum