FBI Top 10 most-wanted murderer and Folsom escapee captured in Grass Valley
October 24, 2012
After a dramatic chase through Grass Valley Wednesday morning, Nevada County Sheriff’s deputies arrested a man they believe to be a convicted murderer who has been on the run since he escaped from Folsom Prison 25 years ago.
Glen Stewart Godwin was added to the FBI’s top 10 most-wanted listed in 1996, nine years after he escaped from prison. He had been serving a sentence of 26 years to life at the time.
For more on the story, check back with The Union.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Opinion
- George Boardman: Americans can’t decide if they love or hate California — maybe it’s both
- Owen Dal Bon: Tee off in 2017 Dal Bon Memorial golf tournament to support pancreatic cancer research
- Thomas Elias: Brown’s email problem could sully his legacy
- R.L. Crabb: It takes a village idiot
- Darrell Berkheimer: How to combat ‘fake news’
- Nevada County authorities say Auburn man found with suspected heroin, meth
- Repeat offender back in Nevada County Jail, police say
- Crews gain control of Grizzly Fire as dry, hot conditions continue in Nevada County
- HOMICIDE: Friends say Penn Valley murder suspect appeared to be deteriorating, kept guns in home