December 14, 2004
When asked why U.S. soldiers in Iraq had to scrounge for makeshift armor, Secretary of Defense Rumsfeld replied, “We have to go to war with the army we have, not the army we want.”
Rumsfeld makes it sound like we suddenly found ourselves faced with a war in Iraq. This statement is contrary to what Bush has been trying to sell us for two years: The decision to go to war in Iraq was not a knee-jerk reaction but took painstaking soul-searching and was well planned for.
The Bush administration needs to get their heads together and come up with a consistant story that we can all believe.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Opinion
- Grass Valley death: Arrest made in death of Brian Sharp
- Cause of death for Brian Sharp pending toxicology tests, Grass Valley police say
- Nevada Union graduate Jillian Smith vies for Miss California crown
- Ex-wife of Brian Sharp charged in death of Grass Valley man
- Grass Valley death: Authorities release ID of deceased man