Chuck Frank: Why the State of Jefferson is ready to split with California
June 16, 2017
"A farmer faces trial in federal court this summer and a $2.8 million fine for failing to get a permit to plow his field and plant wheat in Tehama County, California … compliments of the (U.S. Army Corps of Engineers)."
But where's the Trump card?
So if the feds can permit everything from plowing a field to taking a hike into a public National Forest, what will be next?
Will you need a permit to take your car to Yosemite or Lake Tahoe if you don't take a tour bus?
(I)f the State of Jefferson rises to their chosen call and becomes another new state, may it shine as a light to the world but also as an example for the rest of the states to follow.
Will you need a permit to rototill your own garden plot?
Hello! It all comes down to more regulations meant for control and funneling a lot more money into glorified welfare jobs while billions are going to government workers and the red left.
If the State of Jefferson actually becomes a realty and those breakaway counties address the never-ending problem of bureaucrats on the take, along with all of the excessive ordinances and code meltdowns that have spread like a cancer all over California, then it will have succeeded. The State of Jefferson will need to be a state that will essentially be "out of the box" and raw milk will be good for the soul. Also, safe vaccines, alternative medicine and treatments will need to be a major factor in the state's Constitutional framework as well.
Self-sufficiency, such as one's own water, healthy foods and non-GMO farming, should also be a huge consideration and a movement all to its own.
The State of Jefferson, in my way of thinking, would represent an entirely new platform that would flip pseudo-educators and radical politicos on their heads. The new university system would far surpass other educational institutions and their politicized curricula and would leave the red left and Marxists in the dust. Students would be free of progressive propaganda and embrace a new society having a moral compass once again based upon norms such as individual freedoms, property rights, no room for asset forfeitures of real property, mercy, forgiveness, love, do unto others as you would have them do unto you, and a government that is truly for and by the people.
But if the State of Jefferson rises to their chosen call and becomes another new state, may it shine as a light to the world but also as an example for the rest of the states to follow. This movement could be America's only chance to once again embrace liberty, which is presently being spearheaded by those patriots of Northern California who wish to combine over 20 counties into the new free State of Jefferson.
Chuck Frank lives in Penn Valley.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Columns
- Bruce Herring: Centennial Reservoir not better than six miles of river
- Manny Montes: We cannot allow our courts to be bastardized
- Mindy Oberne: The real deal on SB 562, the single-payer legislation
- Adela Wilcox: Grooviness expected at KVMR’s Summer of Love festival in Nevada City
- George Boardman: Rope-a-dope, moving the needle, and off-the-cuff grandstanding
- Robbery suspect wanted in May incident found in Grass Valley
- Man burned in suspected butane honey oil lab explosion sent to hospital, authorities say
- Nevada County Sheriff deputies respond to shooting victims near North San Juan
- Nevada County jury convicts John Richard Green on 16 out of 18 counts in child sex case
- Insurance companies dropping homeowners in Nevada County