A 5K Walk/Jog Leukemia Fundraiser in honor of Bear River High School senior Austin Dowling will be at the school’s track April 6. Registration begins at 8:30 a.m., and the 5K begins at 10 a.m. Imagine being 17 and having your senior year of high school put on hold to fight Leukemia. Dowling was blind-sided by this news Feb. 18 and since then has been in the hospital undergoing treatments with his family by his side. The community is invited to join friends and family for a fun-filled event to help raise funds to defray growing medical expenses. To register for the 5K, visit the Austin Dowling Public Event Facebook page. Donations can be sent to the Austin Dowling Leukemia Fund at El Dorado Savings Bank.
Austin Dowling fundraiser slated for April 6
Trending in: Columns
- As firefighters battle Lowell Fire, Nevada County community does its part to help
- Grass Valley City Council opens dialogue to medical marijuana cultivation
- U.S. Forest Service firefighter remains hospitalized after suffering serious burns in Lowell Fire
- Cal Fire: Full containment of Lowell Fire possible by weekend (VIDEO) (PHOTOS)
- LOWELL FIRE: More than 800 fight Lowell Fire in Nevada, Placer counties (PHOTOS) (VIDEO)