Army Pfc. Natalie R. Fike has graduated from basic combat training at Fort Jackson, Columbia, in South Carolina. During the nine weeks of training, the soldier studied the Army mission, history, tradition and core values, physical fitness, and received instruction and practice in basic combat skills, military weapons, chemical warfare and bayonet training, drill and ceremony, marching, rifle marksmanship, armed and unarmed combat, map reading, field tactics, military courtesy, military justice system, basic first aid, foot marches, and field training exercises. Fike is the daughter of Ted Fike of Nevada City. She is a 2007 graduate of Nevada Union High School.
- Lane closure puts popular Nevada City bar owners under spotlight
- Local sculptor created giant panthers for Carolina team stadium
- Schedule out for Dorsey Marketplace meeting times
- Police blotter: Caller wants to discuss Zika virus
- Heidi Hall raises over $4K in campaign for Nevada County Board of Supervisors