Army Pfc. Natalie R. Fike has graduated from basic combat training at Fort Jackson, Columbia, in South Carolina. During the nine weeks of training, the soldier studied the Army mission, history, tradition and core values, physical fitness, and received instruction and practice in basic combat skills, military weapons, chemical warfare and bayonet training, drill and ceremony, marching, rifle marksmanship, armed and unarmed combat, map reading, field tactics, military courtesy, military justice system, basic first aid, foot marches, and field training exercises. Fike is the daughter of Ted Fike of Nevada City. She is a 2007 graduate of Nevada Union High School.
In the service: Natalie R. Fike
Trending in: Columns
- AUTO SPORTS: Nevada City native Rossi gears up for Indianapolis 500
- In honor and remembrance: Two additional walls to be added to Memorial Park in Grass Valley
- Groups in favor, opposed to Measure W report contributions
- Motion for new Gold Country Lenders trial set for August
- Kathy Dotson: No on Measure Y