Approximately 135 homebound seniors in western Nevada County rely on home-delivered meals with many more on the waiting list. The Meals on Wheels program is seeking volunteer drivers to help deliver meals to these individuals. All that’s needed is a valid driver’s license, a few hours one day a week and a genuine concern for seniors. For information, call Gold Country Community Services weekdays at (530) 273-4961.
Meals on Wheels seeks volunteers
Trending in: Columns
- It’s time to find out what the candidates are really made of
- Piecemeal immigration changes likely this year
- What are the progressives so afraid of?
- Glyphosate (Roundup) and its link to Celiac disease, gluten intolerance
- Plenty of reasons not to trust state government