Approximately 135 homebound seniors in western Nevada County rely on home-delivered meals with many more on the waiting list. The Meals on Wheels program is seeking volunteer drivers to help deliver meals to these individuals. All that’s needed is a valid driver’s license, a few hours one day a week and a genuine concern for seniors. For information, call Gold Country Community Services weekdays at (530) 273-4961.
Meals on Wheels seeks volunteers
Trending in: Columns
- Western icon Clint Walker: ‘If it’s not right, don’t do it’
- Meeting set Jan. 13 for new arts cohousing site in Nevada County
- From starvation to service
- Tough timing, busy transition over the holidays for Nevada County art gallery
- The Perfect Quirk: Nevada County hip hop artist gets Grammy nod for children’s album with a message