Approximately 135 homebound seniors in western Nevada County rely on home-delivered meals with many more on the waiting list. The Meals on Wheels program is seeking volunteer drivers to help deliver meals to these individuals. All that’s needed is a valid driver’s license, a few hours one day a week and a genuine concern for seniors. For information, call Gold Country Community Services weekdays at (530) 273-4961.
Meals on Wheels seeks volunteers
Trending in: Columns
- Open letter to parents, teachers and taxpayers
- BOS chair’s rebuttal lacks any supporting data
- Hemig: The Union’s new community editorial board
- Water bond will prepare state for the next drought
- Calif. businesses need stronger federal clean water rules