Approximately 135 homebound seniors in western Nevada County rely on home-delivered meals with many more on the waiting list. The Meals on Wheels program is seeking volunteer drivers to help deliver meals to these individuals. All that’s needed is a valid driver’s license, a few hours one day a week and a genuine concern for seniors. For information, call Gold Country Community Services weekdays at (530) 273-4961.
Meals on Wheels seeks volunteers
Trending in: Columns
- What is the difference between a journalist and a blogger?
- Keeping retail dollars from heading down Highway 49
- It’s time to find out what the candidates are really made of
- What are the progressives so afraid of?
- Retiring judge endorses Tice-Raskin as successor