A non-traditional bird house creation by Wanda Dunn of Penn Valley took the Best of Show award for the gingerbread house contest held in conjunction with the 2012 Country Christmas Faire held at the Nevada County Fairgrounds November 23 through 25. The gingerbread birdhouse was a traditional shape but was unusual in its use of decoration materials, which included three type of rice, green peas, various seeds and grains, cranberries, popped popcorn, pink peppercorns, and rosemary. “It has a realistic organic look to it and was fun and challenging to create, “ said Dunn. It will be on display at the South Yuba Club in Grass Valley for a week, then at Tess’ Kitchen Store through most of December.
- TV show 'American Pickers' looking for finds in California, could visit Nevada County
- Seven arrested, 840 plants seized at Smartsville marijuana grow
- Schedule out for Dorsey Marketplace meeting times
- Nevada County firefighter spends off-time battling snow
- Lane closure puts popular Nevada City bar owners under spotlight