Change the course
November 22, 2005
Recently, an Associated Press headline news read: “Iraqi Leaders Call for Pullout Timetable.” The communiqué was finalized by Shiite, Kurdish, and Sunni leaders on Monday. This clearly shows how ignorant and out of touch Bush is about the war he started. It also shows how despicable and foolish the behavior of Republican politicians was the week before when they insulted Representative Jack Murtha, a true American hero and decorated Vietnam veteran.
Iraq now has a fully entrenched al-Qaeda presence which was totally absent before the war. Bush never found Osama Bin Laden; now his latest war has created a new al-Qaeda terrorist state with Al Zachari as a new terrorist leader. My God. If this had been the work of a corporation, the management team would be summarily fired for their failures.
It is clear; the Iraq war is a monumental disaster of epic proportions. With more than 2,000 dead and 15,000 maimed and disabled American soldiers, some 30,000 dead Iraqi civilians, and the new presence of al-Qaeda in Iraq; do the American people really believe that we should “stay the course?”
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Opinion
- Grass Valley death: Arrest made in death of Brian Sharp
- Cause of death for Brian Sharp pending toxicology tests, Grass Valley police say
- Nevada Union graduate Jillian Smith vies for Miss California crown
- Ex-wife of Brian Sharp charged in death of Grass Valley man
- Grass Valley death: Authorities release ID of deceased man