June 22, 2005
During the current Iraq War, the U.S. use of radioactive Depleted Uranium (DU) weapons increased from 375 tons used in 1991 to 2,200 tons. Geiger counter readings at sites in downtown Baghdad record radiation levels 1,000 to 2,000 times higher than background radiation. The Pentagon has bombed, occupied, tortured and contaminated Iraq. Millions of Iraqis are affected along with over 1 million U.S. soldiers. Half of the 697,000 U.S. Gulf War troops from the 1991 war have reported serious medical problems and a significant increase in birth defects among their newborn children.
President Eisenhower said “Throughout America’s adventure in free government, such basic purposes have been to keep the peace.” We now have perpetual war, and America is using weapons of mass destruction in violation of the Geneva Convention. Our president is a “war president.” Our military industrial complex is contaminating the Earth with nuclear radiation, that is going into the air and the sea, and killing anyone that breathes the air, or drinks the water that has been contaminated with a bunker buster or a round from a Bradley tank. We are murdering people and animals and birds, and it must be stopped.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Opinion
- Robbery suspect wanted in May incident found in Grass Valley
- Nevada County Sheriff deputies respond to shooting victims near North San Juan
- Man burned in suspected butane honey oil lab explosion sent to hospital, authorities say
- Shortage of construction workers in Nevada County reaching critical levels
- Nevada County jury convicts John Richard Green on 16 out of 18 counts in child sex case