A tribute to John Archer
June 16, 2013
I recently received word that a truly good man, John Archer, died.
John was a follower of Jesus Christ and tried to live according to the command Jesus gave that we take care of the poor. John gave countless hours of volunteering with groups who reached out to help those in need.
He worked tirelessly with Emergency Assistance Coalition, Hospitality House and IFM, our food pantry sponsored by churches and faith groups in the area. He was also an active member of St Patrick's Catholic Church, where, among other things, he served as a lector and booster of support for these programs for the poor.
I live in New Mexico now, but for the years that I enjoyed living in Grass Valley, I felt privileged to know John. He was a great example of a good Christian. He "walked the walk," as the saying goes. I think the community has lost an important force for good. He will be missed! May he rest in peace!
Jarales, New Mexico
Trending In: Opinion
- Penn Valley woman accused of trying to mail suspected drugs to prison
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- John Drew: The truth about Centennial Reservoir and the Bear River
- Nevada County banker stepping away after half century in the business
- Railbus 97 restored and ready to ride at Nevada County Narrow Gauge Railroad Museum