Army Pfc. Natalie R. Fike has graduated from basic combat training at Fort Jackson, Columbia, in South Carolina. During the nine weeks of training, the soldier studied the Army mission, history, tradition and core values, physical fitness, and received instruction and practice in basic combat skills, military weapons, chemical warfare and bayonet training, drill and ceremony, marching, rifle marksmanship, armed and unarmed combat, map reading, field tactics, military courtesy, military justice system, basic first aid, foot marches, and field training exercises. Fike is the daughter of Ted Fike of Nevada City. She is a 2007 graduate of Nevada Union High School.
In the service: Natalie R. Fike
Trending in: Opinion
- Reported honey oil lab leads to South County man's arrest
- Placer County supervisors vote 3-to-2 to prohibit commercial medical marijuana grows and sales
- Summer swimming holes They're plentiful along the Yuba River if you know where to look
- Off to Market: New-look Thursday Night Market returns to Grass Valley
- Plaintiffs in Nevada County ridgeline case object to judge's decision, argue in favor of monetary damages