Army Pfc. Natalie R. Fike has graduated from basic combat training at Fort Jackson, Columbia, in South Carolina. During the nine weeks of training, the soldier studied the Army mission, history, tradition and core values, physical fitness, and received instruction and practice in basic combat skills, military weapons, chemical warfare and bayonet training, drill and ceremony, marching, rifle marksmanship, armed and unarmed combat, map reading, field tactics, military courtesy, military justice system, basic first aid, foot marches, and field training exercises. Fike is the daughter of Ted Fike of Nevada City. She is a 2007 graduate of Nevada Union High School.
In the service: Natalie R. Fike
Trending in: Opinion
- All in the family: Mother Truckers, Natural Selection, and now The Country Store
- Motorcycle gang member fatally shot on I-80 near Truckee
- Drunken driving suspected in head-on crash on Highway 49
- Marijuana grow discussion in Nevada County delayed until after election
- Presidential debate preview: Trust and temperament key themes in debate (WATCH DEBATE HERE at 6 p.m.)