Army Pfc. Natalie R. Fike has graduated from basic combat training at Fort Jackson, Columbia, in South Carolina. During the nine weeks of training, the soldier studied the Army mission, history, tradition and core values, physical fitness, and received instruction and practice in basic combat skills, military weapons, chemical warfare and bayonet training, drill and ceremony, marching, rifle marksmanship, armed and unarmed combat, map reading, field tactics, military courtesy, military justice system, basic first aid, foot marches, and field training exercises. Fike is the daughter of Ted Fike of Nevada City. She is a 2007 graduate of Nevada Union High School.
In the service: Natalie R. Fike
Trending in: Opinion
- Nevada County man dies in La Barr Meadows Road crash
- Beale airman arrested in child sex sting
- Penn Valley committee weighs school closure amid deficit spending, declining enrollment
- Grass Valley group brings all ages together through music at 'the Bomb Shelter'
- Grass Valley man cleared after drug raid arrest