Joy and Madness, an eight-piece funk and soul band formerly known as The Nibblers, will bring its funky sounds to Cooper’s Aleworks at 9 p.m. Saturday. Performing a blend of obscure soul b-sides and funky new originals, the band has recently rejoined its original lead singer, Hans Eberbach, and made Cooper’s its jumping-off point to full release. The Sacramento-based group will bring the funk Saturday at 235 Commercial St. in Nevada City. For information about the band, go to http://joyandmadness.com.
- Annual Artisans Festival returns with new features Nov. 28 and 29
- Open case from 2009 leads to man’s arrest on drug and weapons charges
- Judge sets case of Nevada County holistic physician for trial
- Nevada County reports solid growth in local agriculture
- Police blotter: Woman wants to escape from fast food line