Joy and Madness, an eight-piece funk and soul band formerly known as The Nibblers, will bring its funky sounds to Cooper’s Aleworks at 9 p.m. Saturday. Performing a blend of obscure soul b-sides and funky new originals, the band has recently rejoined its original lead singer, Hans Eberbach, and made Cooper’s its jumping-off point to full release. The Sacramento-based group will bring the funk Saturday at 235 Commercial St. in Nevada City. For information about the band, go to http://joyandmadness.com.
Sacramento funk band hits Nevada City
Trending in: Opinion
- If the 99 percent vote, the 1 percent won’t matter
- Where is our support from the state?
- Surplus bikes are twice loved
- ‘Sustainability’ and ‘common good’ are Agenda 21 buzz words
- There’s got to be a better way
- Second kidnap attempt reported in South Nevada County
- Ghost Posse takes over Grass Valley’s Holbrooke Hotel
- Scotch Broom closes its Nevada City doors after 43 years in business
- President of Pleasant Valley Elementary School Parent Club accused of embezzlement
- North San Juan man arrested on peeping charges