Approximately 135 homebound seniors in western Nevada County rely on home-delivered meals with many more on the waiting list. The Meals on Wheels program is seeking volunteer drivers to help deliver meals to these individuals. All that’s needed is a valid driver’s license, a few hours one day a week and a genuine concern for seniors. For information, call Gold Country Community Services weekdays at (530) 273-4961.
Meals on Wheels seeks volunteers
Trending in: Opinion
- Eric Meyer trial goes to jury
- Narcotics detectives arrest Nevada City man on heroin, ammunition charges
- More than 50 butane canisters present at site of Alta Sierra Drive blaze
- Grass Valley man arrested in Auburn shooting
- Sheriff: Narcotics officer cleared of misconduct after months-long investigation