Approximately 135 homebound seniors in western Nevada County rely on home-delivered meals with many more on the waiting list. The Meals on Wheels program is seeking volunteer drivers to help deliver meals to these individuals. All that’s needed is a valid driver’s license, a few hours one day a week and a genuine concern for seniors. For information, call Gold Country Community Services weekdays at (530) 273-4961.
- Police chase ends with stolen car crashed, 2 arrested
- Anti-Agenda 21 author tells Grass Valley to seize control
- Elderly driver unhurt after driving through store window
- Nevada County climber survives 60-foot drop from Tahoe cliff
- Reported drunk driver hits officers’ cars as they arrest other alleged drunk driver (UPDATE)