Approximately 135 homebound seniors in western Nevada County rely on home-delivered meals with many more on the waiting list. The Meals on Wheels program is seeking volunteer drivers to help deliver meals to these individuals. All that’s needed is a valid driver’s license, a few hours one day a week and a genuine concern for seniors. For information, call Gold Country Community Services weekdays at (530) 273-4961.
Meals on Wheels seeks volunteers
Trending in: Opinion
- Thurston Manufacturing to redistribute Grass Valley assets
- ‘A tribe of do-gooders’: Social media post spawns bike-purchasing spree
- ‘Maker’ movement expands in Nevada County at The Curious Forge
- Nevada City man arrested for allegedly stealing car, driving drunk
- DUI suspect jailed after surrendering on arrest warrant