2013 Nevada County Elections Office report released
March 21, 2013
Gregory Diaz, the Nevada County clerk-recorder and registrar of voters, has released the 2013 Report of the Nevada County Elections Office.
The document, a 10-year analysis of the election process in Nevada County, highlights both accomplishments and unmet needs, according to a statement by Diaz within the document.
"Among the most significant of election changes is voting by mail," the executive summary of the report states. "Over the last decade, the number of voters casting ballots by mail has more than doubled, from 31% in the November 5, 2002, election, to 74% last November. Over the same decade, voter registration has been essentially flat, rising from 60,451 in 2002 to 62,853 in the lastelection, an increase of 3%."
Trending In: Opinion
- Vehicle crashes into Grass Valley hair salon (VIDEO)
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public
- Nevada County donor pledges to match contributions to Hospitality House
- Man dies from NorCal gas station nacho-cheese dip
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say