2013 Nevada County Elections Office report released
March 21, 2013
Gregory Diaz, the Nevada County clerk-recorder and registrar of voters, has released the 2013 Report of the Nevada County Elections Office.
The document, a 10-year analysis of the election process in Nevada County, highlights both accomplishments and unmet needs, according to a statement by Diaz within the document.
"Among the most significant of election changes is voting by mail," the executive summary of the report states. "Over the last decade, the number of voters casting ballots by mail has more than doubled, from 31% in the November 5, 2002, election, to 74% last November. Over the same decade, voter registration has been essentially flat, rising from 60,451 in 2002 to 62,853 in the lastelection, an increase of 3%."
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Opinion
- ‘Trimmigrants’ descend on Nevada County, for better or for worse
- Moratorium on insurance policies affect prospective Nevada County homeowners
- Grass Valley murder suspect pleads not guilty by reason of insanity
- Suspect arrested in two Grass Valley spot fires
- Hefty expenses force Nevada City to take out loans