2013 Nevada County Elections Office report released
March 21, 2013
Gregory Diaz, the Nevada County clerk-recorder and registrar of voters, has released the 2013 Report of the Nevada County Elections Office.
The document, a 10-year analysis of the election process in Nevada County, highlights both accomplishments and unmet needs, according to a statement by Diaz within the document.
"Among the most significant of election changes is voting by mail," the executive summary of the report states. "Over the last decade, the number of voters casting ballots by mail has more than doubled, from 31% in the November 5, 2002, election, to 74% last November. Over the same decade, voter registration has been essentially flat, rising from 60,451 in 2002 to 62,853 in the lastelection, an increase of 3%."
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Opinion
- Repeat offender back in Nevada County Jail, police say
- Crime Roundup: Penn Valley murder; walking stick assault; ATV chase
- HOMICIDE: Friends say Penn Valley murder suspect appeared to be deteriorating, kept guns in home
- Update: Juvenile smoking near the brush, arrested in connection to Auburn fire
- Ideas swirl about affordable housing in Nevada City