Robert Tice-Raskin is the right man
November 2, 2012
I am writing in support of incumbent Robert Tice-Raskin for trustee of the Pleasant Ridge School District.
I have known Rob for four years: first as a parent volunteer in my fourth-grade classroom and, more recently, while principal of Cottage Hill Elementary School, as a schoolwide and community volunteer.
Rob volunteered every month in my fourth-grade classroom as an art docent. He took time from his busy work schedule to share his knowledge and love of art with my students.
He was always dependable, quite prepared and eager to share his wisdom and experiences with the children.
But Rob did not limit his volunteer efforts to just my classroom. He gave of his time and expertise in classrooms throughout Cottage Hill and Magnolia Schools.
Rob is not only an advocate for students but is just as committed to their teachers.
The Pleasant Ridge School District, like other districts in the recent past, has suffered from the effects of the dismal state budget.
When layoffs were imminent, Rob stood up at packed school board meetings and passionately spoke about the necessity of keeping the Pleasant Ridge District teachers in their classrooms.
Rob became a member of the Board of Trustees of the Pleasant Ridge School District in 2012.
Now Rob has decided to run as an incumbent trustee for the Board of Education. He is more than qualified.
He has been a practicing attorney for over 23 years. His knowledge and experience will be instrumental in providing leadership in the complex financial times in which we find ourselves.
His ability to make difficult decisions, examine and set policy and determine priorities are just some of what Rob has successfully demonstrated in his tenure as a trustee.
Given the opportunity, Rob will continue to work hard to maintain the outstanding educational experience that the students in the Pleasant Ridge School District receive.
Robert Tice-Raskin is the right man for the Pleasant Ridge School District Board of Trustees.
He has always been an avid supporter of the Pleasant Ridge District and has helped to maintain high standards and excellence in our schools for the benefit of all children.
He has my full support, and I urge others to support him Nov. 6 as well.
Heidi Veneman is the principal of Cottage Hill Elementary School.
Trending In: TWI
- Some 700 Wildwood Homes Risk Damage Without Proper Sewer Relief Valves
- Our Founding Fathers wanted a republic, not a democracy
- 2016 Miss Penn Valley Rodeo Queen Competition is Coming Right Up!
- For the love of animals: Find compassion in action at Animal Film Festival
- Michael McDonald: Let’s not ignore our own
- Grass Valley police charge couple with torture, kidnapping
- Federal, state lawmakers make case for more dams at water symposium (VIDEO)
- Nevada County Public Health Department receives reports of mumps
- Sixth-grader Josie Allen takes on Highway 49
- Grass Valley man found with 44 pounds of marijuana, authorities say