LETTER-Short Term Rentals
February 15, 2017
We strongly disagree that there need be any sort of rule changes regarding short-term rentals.
The following is a short list of many potential negative impacts from such a change:
• Property values would be negatively impacted by restricting the rights of property owners to manage their properties as they see fit.
• Those that want to see what it is like to live on the lake before deciding to buy could not do so.
• The ability of those that enjoy the benefits of being able to rent a place for their relatives might be restricted.
• Local businesses that benefit from people vacationing in the area will suffer.
Put it to a vote to see how property owners feel. We are sure that arrangements can be put into place where everybody's needs are met and Lake Wildwood continues to be a safe and enjoyable place to live!
Dieter and Dianne Letsch
Stories You May Be Interested In
Trending In: TWI
- Grass Valley man found with 44 pounds of marijuana, authorities say
- THE UNION NOW: Live streaming from the newsroom
- Protest planned outside Auburn water agency event Friday
- Nevada County child sex suspect scheduled to return to court next week
- 3 brothers appear in Nevada County Superior Court on unrelated charges