Lake Wildwood to be treated for aquatic weeds this week
June 28, 2017
Via Lake Wildwood Aquatic Vegetation Control release:
“We are planning a treatment for the control of aquatic weeds on Thursday, June 29 or Friday, June 30 in Lake Wildwood.
We will be treating Hideaway Bay (Area 1A) – Hideaway Bay and Deer Creek to the bridge. Hideaway Bay will be treated with the herbicide Sonar (active ingredient fluridone). There are no swimming or fishing restrictions associated with this herbicide. There is an up to 30-day irrigation restriction associated with Sonar. (We are also sending out the notice to the 10 legally-entitled Owners that take water from the Lake).
We will sample the area until it is acceptable to irrigate again. We will notify you when irrigation can resume. If you have any questions, please contact Public Works at 432-1170. Below is a map of the treatment areas in Lake Wildwood.”
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: TWI
- Felony manslaughter filed in fatal Grass Valley ATV crash
- Terry McAteer: Rejecting endorsement of hatred, bigotry
- General manager of Nevada Irrigation District clarifies comments about marijuana grows
- Housing crisis hits deep: Nevada County family struggles to find a place to live
- Jail inmate dies of suspected heroin overdose