Hidden Gem in Lake Wildwood
August 3, 2017
BY ANDREW STEDMAN
Hot? Tired? Thirsty? Hungry? Do we have a secret place for you! Come visit Wanda at the Lakeside Café, where she will tempt you with frozen smoothies, hot dogs, yummy soft pretzels and flatbread pizzas.
Where is this wonderful place, you ask? Why on the Pool tucked behind the Community Center.
Watch for Wanda's sign out on Wildflower letting you know when she will be serving the best BBQ hamburgers in Penn Valley.
BBQ and pretzels are not the only items featured.
Wanda has an array of "pool-side food," soft drinks, homemade ice tea (Wanda's specialty) and of course ice cream treats.
While you are in the neighborhood, check out the cool, refreshing pool or rent a paddleboard from the Community Center office. What a way to will away a hot summer's day. See you there!
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: TWI
- ‘Trimmigrants’ descend on Nevada County, for better or for worse
- Moratorium on insurance policies affect prospective Nevada County homeowners
- Truckee police: Man drugged victim, raped her
- Hefty expenses force Nevada City to take out loans
- Nevada County staff recommend no Dollar General at Rough and Ready Highway site