Convenient, affordable vaccines available
June 14, 2013
Vaccines for Children is a program funded by the state of California, enabling children to receive vaccines at no cost. Sierra Family Medical Clinic has been an enthusiastic provider for this program for many years.
The Vaccines for Children program provides immunizations to children and teens (ages 0-18) who are uninsured or under-insured. Come have your children immunized! The VFC program has made the process for accessing vaccines more convenient and affordable for children who are covered under Medi-Cal, have no insurance or are under-insured. With the help of this immunization program more children and their families have been spared the debilitating results of many highly communicable diseases that in the past have devastated lives.
Sierra Family Medical Clinic's VFC program makes vaccines available for children who may have difficulty getting needed vaccines due to limitations on insurance plans or being uninsured.
This program was created for children and teens. People who are covered by Medi-Cal, CMSP or who lack insurance or are under-insured often have a difficult time receiving the primary care that they need. Vaccines for Children and Sierra Family Medical Clinic want to make it easier for these patients to receive much-needed primary care without the financial struggle. This program and others offered at SFMC promote improved health care often allowing for a wide range of services at one visit.
We understand that parents may have concerns about the safety of the vaccinations their children are receiving. Sierra Family Medical Clinic providers are happy to explain the importance of each vaccine as well as the pros and cons that may be associated with getting that vaccine. We let the parents choose what they believe is the best for their children and see ourselves as educators. Being active in our rural neighborhood, Sierra Family Medical Clinic understands that parents need their concerns addressed. Although we recommend children be vaccinated for their own and their community's well-being, our medical providers respect each family's informed choices.
Vaccines for Children is a wonderful program that can be used year-round in two different ways: 1) Time for your children's routine Well Child Examinations? No problem! Whether it be every two or three months for younger children or a yearly examination for teens, Sierra Family Medical Clinic can provide the vaccines needed as part of that examination. This is a great opportunity to have your children's primary care addressed in one place in a single visit. This eliminates the stress and bother of having to go to multiple places for your children's health care.
2) Not time for your children's Well Child Examinations, but they are behind on their immunizations? No problem! Sierra Family Medical Clinic offers these vaccines at any time in combination with any type of an appointment or as a stand-alone vaccination only visit. Just bring your children's yellow vaccination card or a copy of your child's vaccination record to the appointment and we can give the needed vaccines.
Akasha Smith is the vaccine coordinator at Sierra Family Medical Clinic.
Trending In: TWI
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public
- Toran Maronic beat the odds, now he’s making the most of his second chance
- Randy Hansen, facing child sex accusations, wants search warrant quashed
- Grass Valley native climbs ranks in high school rodeo