Local advocates for the Empire Mine State Historic Park expressed dismay after officials from the California Department of Parks and Recreation indicated they would not fund the continued construction of a 875-foot underground mine tunnel.
Construction of Empire Mine’s tourist tunnel comes to a halt
Trending in: Ticker
- Pleasant Ridge school warns parents after stranger offers ride
- Is it legal to shoot a gun in Nevada County?
- Penn Valley resident Chuck Yeager officiates ceremony for Beale AFB reservists
- New Alta Sierra cafe to open despite challenges
- To prune or not to prune?: Choosing the right tree for the space