A driver who let his pickup truck drift off the road walked away with only minor injuries Saturday afternoon. The man, identified as Antonio Olivero, was driving on Highway 20 near White Cloud campground at about 2:30 p.m. when his truck drifted off the road and the wheels got caught in a rut, said California Highway Patrol Officer Justin Barnthouse. The truck hit several mailboxes and trees before hitting one tree head-on and coming to rest, Barnthouse said. Olivero sustained some cuts to his hand. Drugs or alcohol were not a factor in the accident, Barnthouse said.
Driver suffers minor injuries after Highway 20 wreck
Trending in: Ticker
- Grass Valley officials cringe as North Auburn Wal-Mart clears development hurdle
- Is it legal to shoot a gun in Nevada County?
- Hyman sentenced to 11 years for attempted murder
- Nevada City woman allegedly embezzled from children’s services nonprofit
- Hypothermia, drugs noted in girl’s death after Lake Tahoe event
- History of talent and innovation in Nevada County: Grass Valley video industry
- Air quality downgraded to hazardous
- Barbara Schmidt Millar Triathlon cancelled due to poor air quality
- King Fire up to 76,376 acres; ‘no immediate danger’ to Tahoe-Truckee
- Strong arguments floated pro, con on Nevada County’s Measure S