A driver who let his pickup truck drift off the road walked away with only minor injuries Saturday afternoon. The man, identified as Antonio Olivero, was driving on Highway 20 near White Cloud campground at about 2:30 p.m. when his truck drifted off the road and the wheels got caught in a rut, said California Highway Patrol Officer Justin Barnthouse. The truck hit several mailboxes and trees before hitting one tree head-on and coming to rest, Barnthouse said. Olivero sustained some cuts to his hand. Drugs or alcohol were not a factor in the accident, Barnthouse said.
- Man in custody for Sacramento, Auburn deputy shooting-spree
- Grass Valley woman takes five-year plea deal in three fraud and theft cases
- Three arrested, one being sought in connection with Lake Wildwood burglaries
- Dorsey Drive project nears completion
- After a 60-year relationship, photographer will leave The Union broken-Harted