A driver who let his pickup truck drift off the road walked away with only minor injuries Saturday afternoon. The man, identified as Antonio Olivero, was driving on Highway 20 near White Cloud campground at about 2:30 p.m. when his truck drifted off the road and the wheels got caught in a rut, said California Highway Patrol Officer Justin Barnthouse. The truck hit several mailboxes and trees before hitting one tree head-on and coming to rest, Barnthouse said. Olivero sustained some cuts to his hand. Drugs or alcohol were not a factor in the accident, Barnthouse said.
Driver suffers minor injuries after Highway 20 wreck
Trending in: Ticker
- Is it legal to shoot a gun in Nevada County?
- The Union's 'Best Of' voting now open online
- Film star Debra Winger in Nevada County to promote fracking documentary
- Trio arrested after reportedly stealing taxi
- Grass Valley movie theater employee reportedly embezzled thousands
- Proposed Grass Valley shopping center bad for small business?
- Jaguar totaled after GPS leads couple into Nevada County mudhole
- Involuntary manslaughter charges contemplated in Tahoe Hotshot death
- Local Paralympian Evan Strong seeks gold in Sochi