A driver who let his pickup truck drift off the road walked away with only minor injuries Saturday afternoon. The man, identified as Antonio Olivero, was driving on Highway 20 near White Cloud campground at about 2:30 p.m. when his truck drifted off the road and the wheels got caught in a rut, said California Highway Patrol Officer Justin Barnthouse. The truck hit several mailboxes and trees before hitting one tree head-on and coming to rest, Barnthouse said. Olivero sustained some cuts to his hand. Drugs or alcohol were not a factor in the accident, Barnthouse said.
- TV show 'American Pickers' looking for finds in California, could visit Nevada County
- Seven arrested, 840 plants seized at Smartsville marijuana grow
- Schedule out for Dorsey Marketplace meeting times
- Nevada County firefighter spends off-time battling snow
- Lane closure puts popular Nevada City bar owners under spotlight