A transient with a mining camp on the Bear River was arrested after a deputy reportedly found several marijuana plants at his campsite. People had been calling in complaints about transients setting up camps in the area, on the Bear River upstream from Dog Bar, said Nevada County Sheriff’s Capt. Jeff Pettitt, adding there had been concerns about mining activities and fires.
Marijuana plants at mining camp lead to arrest
Trending in: Ticker
- The Union's 'Best Of' voting now open online
- Mom reports stolen truck, weapons and cash
- He made it! The ultimate HALO - 128,000 foot freefall from space
- Jury finds in favor of Gallup
- Is it legal to shoot a gun in Nevada County?
- Grass Valley ‘Most dangerous intersection’ to get upgrade
- Kellermanns honored as unsung heroes by Dalai Lama
- Empire Mine contractor says tourist tunnel ‘was ready to go’
- Nevada City man arrested in connection with domestic violence charges
- Scotch Broom closes its Nevada City doors after 43 years in business