After reading the response by Nevada County Fair board president Tom Browning and CEO Sandy Woods in The Union (June 24) regarding the board’s decision to retain the contract with Have Trunk Will Travel for elephant rides at this year’s fair, we at the Performing Animal Welfare Society felt compelled to respond.
Elephant rides at the fair: Another look at the facts
Trending in: Ticker
- Jury finds in favor of Gallup
- Hyman sentenced to 11 years for attempted murder
- The Union's 'Best Of' voting now open online
- Iwo Jima veteran knows some stories too tough to share
- To prune or not to prune?: Choosing the right tree for the space