The 5.7 magnitude earthquake felt throughout western Nevada County — and as far away as Oregon — was the largest earthquake to hit California since 2008, when the Chino Hills earthquake shook Southern California.
Sierra Nevada quakes not rare
Trending in: Ticker
- Stolen flag replaced in time for 9/11 memorial
- Nevada County organic farmer saves heirloom trees for food and history
- Fugitive arrested in Nevada County after allegedly assaulting cop
- Nevada City man arrested in Napa County on pot charges
- To prune or not to prune?: Choosing the right tree for the space