State Senator Ted Gaines, R-Roseville, one of the two state senators currently representing Nevada County, has sponsored a bill that would allow counties to secure reimbursement for the provision of public defender services for persons prosecuted by the California Attorney General.
Nevada County seeking to recoup costs for Lester case
Trending in: Ticker
- The Union's 'Best Of' voting now open online
- Mom reports stolen truck, weapons and cash
- Jury finds in favor of Gallup
- Two women arrested after allegedly fleeing scene of crash
- Nevada City woman allegedly embezzled from children’s services nonprofit