My wife and I were hiking at Scotts Flat Lake when we noticed a freshly burned patch in the forest. On our way out, I questioned a staff member at the launch ramp about the fire, and he said that prior to the fire, PG&E had been informed about a tree leaning on power lines, which they inspected and then left. Some time later, a fire was started by sparking across the lines. How can this happen?
PG&E needs to be reminded of their safety pledge
Trending in: Ticker
- Stolen flag replaced in time for 9/11 memorial
- East Grand Schools Music Program receives high acclaim
- Penn Valley resident Chuck Yeager officiates ceremony for Beale AFB reservists
- Nevada County organic farmer saves heirloom trees for food and history
- Fugitive arrested in Nevada County after allegedly assaulting cop