Army Pfc. Natalie R. Fike has graduated from basic combat training at Fort Jackson, Columbia, in South Carolina. During the nine weeks of training, the soldier studied the Army mission, history, tradition and core values, physical fitness, and received instruction and practice in basic combat skills, military weapons, chemical warfare and bayonet training, drill and ceremony, marching, rifle marksmanship, armed and unarmed combat, map reading, field tactics, military courtesy, military justice system, basic first aid, foot marches, and field training exercises. Fike is the daughter of Ted Fike of Nevada City. She is a 2007 graduate of Nevada Union High School.
In the service: Natalie R. Fike
Trending in: Ticker
- Placer County supervisors vote 3-to-2 to prohibit commercial medical marijuana grows and sales
- Authorities say Sacramento man tried to bring 800 lbs. of fireworks into Nevada County
- New scam illustrates need for vigilance with suspicious calls
- Reported honey oil lab leads to South County man's arrest
- Nevada County drug-alcohol treatment facility to undergo renovations