Army Pfc. Natalie R. Fike has graduated from basic combat training at Fort Jackson, Columbia, in South Carolina. During the nine weeks of training, the soldier studied the Army mission, history, tradition and core values, physical fitness, and received instruction and practice in basic combat skills, military weapons, chemical warfare and bayonet training, drill and ceremony, marching, rifle marksmanship, armed and unarmed combat, map reading, field tactics, military courtesy, military justice system, basic first aid, foot marches, and field training exercises. Fike is the daughter of Ted Fike of Nevada City. She is a 2007 graduate of Nevada Union High School.
In the service: Natalie R. Fike
Trending in: Ticker
- Man still being sought in suspected BHO lab explosion in Alta Sierra
- North San Juan wreck: Pickup truck falls 100 feet down embankment
- Keith Davies: Medical marijuana issue not about medicine, a better community
- Nevada City's First Friday Art Walk opens this Friday
- Focus is on the artists at Grass Valley's Ellu Gallery