The South Yuba River Citizens League (SYRCL) has taken on some tough challenges in its 30 year history. We saved the Yuba from dams and won statewide Wild and Scenic Status for the South Yuba River. Last year, we rallied the community to prevent the closure of the South Yuba River State Park. And every year, we recruit hundreds of volunteers to pick up tons of garbage along the river banks in just one day. But we now are gearing up for the biggest challenge of them all: The Annual Scotch Broom Challenge!
SYRCL draws the line for Scotch Broom in the Yuba River corridor
Trending in: Ticker
- He made it! The ultimate HALO - 128,000 foot freefall from space
- Is it legal to shoot a gun in Nevada County?
- Siblings brave flames to escape Tyler Fire
- The Union's 'Best Of' voting now open online
- Second kidnap attempt reported in South Nevada County
- President of Pleasant Valley Elementary School Parent Club accused of embezzlement
- Scotch Broom closes its Nevada City doors after 43 years in business
- North San Juan man arrested on peeping charges
- Ghost Posse takes over Grass Valley’s Holbrooke Hotel