I was in the audience recently at the board of supervisors when Doyel Shamley made his presentation. Please note that the “call” to attend was a concern about property rights and government regulations. At least half of the crowd were not residents of Nevada County. The main theme of Mr. Shamley’s presentation was, in essence, to say the way to avoid fire hazards is to remove any restrictions to cutting and let the logging industries have at it. Thus, we will have more jobs, and more money goes to schools. Of course, no forest left … no forest fires!
A deal with the devil?
Trending in: Ticker
- Pleasant Ridge school warns parents after stranger offers ride
- Nevada County organic farmer saves heirloom trees for food and history
- Fugitive arrested in Nevada County after allegedly assaulting cop
- Nevada City man arrested in Napa County on pot charges
- To prune or not to prune?: Choosing the right tree for the space