In response to Mr. Durrett’s “Be Part of the Solution” letter dated Feb. 21, I’d like to say that living on a 5-plus acre parcel is just as green as living in town if you use your head about when you travel. My wife and I are about 10 miles out of Grass Valley and go to town about once a week for supplies, entertainment, etc. We don’t even use a tank of gas a month in our Chrysler that gets about 24 MPG.
Trending in: Ticker
- Is it legal to shoot a gun in Nevada County?
- The Union's 'Best Of' voting now open online
- Penn Valley resident Chuck Yeager officiates ceremony for Beale AFB reservists
- Nevada County organic farmer saves heirloom trees for food and history
- East Grand Schools Music Program receives high acclaim