Drivers in the greater Sacramento region who are still using handheld cell phones or texting will be targeted for special enforcement in a campaign that started Monday. Extra law enforcement officers from 37 police departments and the California Highway Patrol will be on the streets through March 10, looking for those putting themselves and others in danger by these distracted driving practices.
Get off your phone! Fresh enforcement of cell phone ban by CHP
Trending in: Ticker
- The Union's 'Best Of' voting now open online
- Mom reports stolen truck, weapons and cash
- He made it! The ultimate HALO - 128,000 foot freefall from space
- Jury finds in favor of Gallup
- Is it legal to shoot a gun in Nevada County?