The National Rifle Association represents deer hunters, self-defense and Second Amendment devotees. But in a very direct way, the NRA also represents Bushmaster, Browning, Smith & Wesson, and the rest of the gun industry. Gun-makers have donated at least $39 million to the NRA in recent years and have become deeply enmeshed with the organization.
Who does the NRA really speak for?
Trending in: Ticker
- The Union's 'Best Of' voting now open online
- Nevada County organic farmer saves heirloom trees for food and history
- Is it legal to shoot a gun in Nevada County?
- Passenger killed in single-vehicle crash near Gold Run
- Grass Valley teen arrested in San Francisco stabbing death