As I was reading Wayne Hild’s letter to the editor of Jan. 3, in which he expressed his opinion that Republicans in Congress were hurting job creation and that “Reagan’s trickle-down economics was a shell game,” I could not help but notice both the front-page article and the “open letter” published on the same day regarding the closing of Cirino’s Bar & Grill in Nevada City.
Elections do have consequences
Trending in: Ticker
- Jury finds in favor of Gallup
- Hyman sentenced to 11 years for attempted murder
- The Union's 'Best Of' voting now open online
- Iwo Jima veteran knows some stories too tough to share
- To prune or not to prune?: Choosing the right tree for the space