Approximately 135 homebound seniors in western Nevada County rely on home-delivered meals with many more on the waiting list. The Meals on Wheels program is seeking volunteer drivers to help deliver meals to these individuals. All that’s needed is a valid driver’s license, a few hours one day a week and a genuine concern for seniors. For information, call Gold Country Community Services weekdays at (530) 273-4961.
December 10, 2012 | Back to: Ticker
Meals on Wheels seeks volunteers
Trending in: Ticker
- Grass Valley man arrested in sex assault of girl
- Nevada Joint Union High School District Trustee Campbell: Censure by board is 'ludicrous'
- Put on your silver sneakers: fitness program designed for older adults
- George Boardman: Not everybody in California can afford the Democrats' green revolution
- Meet Your Merchant: Hale Appliance Services, a wife-husband service team