GALT — An unarmed animal control officer was shot and killed in Sacramento County on Wednesday while trying to retrieve pets from a home whose owner was evicted the previous day.
Animal control officer killed in eviction
Trending in: Ticker
- Stolen flag replaced in time for 9/11 memorial
- East Grand Schools Music Program receives high acclaim
- Penn Valley resident Chuck Yeager officiates ceremony for Beale AFB reservists
- Nevada County organic farmer saves heirloom trees for food and history
- Fugitive arrested in Nevada County after allegedly assaulting cop