In a recent story in The Union covering Nevada County Consolidated Fire District Board’s decision to restore rank and file pay raises, there were two interesting sentences: “Pleaded with taxpayers to retain vital services, etc.” and “Rank and file eligible for,” etc.
Pay raises? Now?
Trending in: Ticker
- Stolen flag replaced in time for 9/11 memorial
- Penn Valley resident Chuck Yeager officiates ceremony for Beale AFB reservists
- Nevada County organic farmer saves heirloom trees for food and history
- Fugitive arrested in Nevada County after allegedly assaulting cop
- Nevada City man arrested in Napa County on pot charges