As a public school educator, I’m constantly feeling the pressure of the state budget crisis — the only given each year is that the state will ask us to do more with less. Good news is a rarity when it comes to resources. But recently a representative from the California Retired Teacher’s Association came to one of our staff meetings, gave us words of encouragement and raffled off two checks for $100! A colleague and I left that staff meeting with $100 to spend on our classrooms. It was like Christmas!
Thanks to the CRTA
Trending in: Ticker
- The Union's 'Best Of' voting now open online
- Penn Valley resident Chuck Yeager officiates ceremony for Beale AFB reservists
- Nevada County organic farmer saves heirloom trees for food and history
- Is it legal to shoot a gun in Nevada County?
- East Grand Schools Music Program receives high acclaim