Wrestling: Seniors shine as Nevada Union tops Woodcreek
January 30, 2014
It was senior night for the Nevada Union wrestling team Wednesday, and after the seniors were honored, they showed why they will be missed.
All five seniors won their matches, propelling the Miners past Woodcreek, 39-24, for their first Sierra Foothill League Dual win of the season.
Senior Lachlan Jones got things started, winning his bout in the 120-pound weight class. Senior Nate Taylor took care of business in the 132-pound class. Zach Stanton kept things rolling with a win in the 138-pound class. Dusty Lamoly then won in the 160-pound class, and senior team captain Will Sumner won his 182-pound match to clinch the team victory.
Aiding his upper classmen, sophomore Keaton Richards came back
from injury to pin his opponent in the 126-pound match.
The Miners hit the mat again Wednesday when they travel to face Rocklin.
Coaches may submit game reports by email at email@example.com or by phone at 530-477-4232. deadline for submission is 10 p.m. Monday through Friday and 5 p.m. Sunday
Trending In: Sports
- TRACK & FIELD: World, American records fall at Sierra Gold Masters Track and Field Festival
- COLLEGE BOUND: Nevada Union student athletes make college commitments
- PREP ROUNDUP: Nevada Union track and field qualifies four to Masters Meet
- INDYCAR: Rossi qualifies on the front row for Indy 500
- YOUTH BASEBALL: Gold Country Bears claw way to tourney title
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Driver rear-ends vehicle, flees scene of Highway 49 wreck, CHP says
- Couple found dead in plane wreckage in Northern California
- Chicago men found with almost 30 lbs of pot near Truckee, CHP says
- Man dies from NorCal gas station nacho-cheese dip