WildCatz claim U14 soccer cup
February 8, 2013
The under-14 WildCatz from Grass Valley came away champions last weekend, as they won the Commissioners Cup soccer tournament.
With a win and a tie already tallied, the WildCatz defeated the Lincoln Storm Saturday, 3-1, behind goals from Madison Bigelow and Savannah Collyer (2) to advance to the title game. Facing the Orangeville Pixies in the final, the WildCatz overcame the pouring rain to win 2-1. Collyer scored both goals, and goalie Kaylee Bohrer made key saves for the WildCatz in the win.
Trending In: Sports
- PREP FOOTBALL: Granite Bay knocks off Nevada Union, 34-21
- PREP FOOTBALL: Colfax beats rival Bear River, 31-14
- ALUMNI NOTEBOOK: Nevada Union grad Nora Pizzella shines as member of Chico State XC team
- OBITUARY: John “Jack” Robert Hughes leaves unifying legacy
- PREP VOLLEYBALL: Bear River tops Colfax in Pioneer Valley League bout