WildCatz claim U14 soccer cup
February 8, 2013
The under-14 WildCatz from Grass Valley came away champions last weekend, as they won the Commissioners Cup soccer tournament.
With a win and a tie already tallied, the WildCatz defeated the Lincoln Storm Saturday, 3-1, behind goals from Madison Bigelow and Savannah Collyer (2) to advance to the title game. Facing the Orangeville Pixies in the final, the WildCatz overcame the pouring rain to win 2-1. Collyer scored both goals, and goalie Kaylee Bohrer made key saves for the WildCatz in the win.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- CYCLING: Local cyclist Jonathan Baker wins National Hill Climb Championship
- ALUMNI NOTEBOOK: Nevada Union grad Logan Lowe has strong 1st round at US Amateur Championships
- ALUMNI: Nevada Union grad Tanner Vallejo injured in preseason opener
- PREP FOOTBALL: Humphers returns to coaching, joins River Valley staff
- ALUMNI: Nevada Union grad Logan Lowe eliminated at US Amateur Championship
- Housing crisis hits deep: Nevada County family struggles to find a place to live
- Felony manslaughter filed in fatal Grass Valley ATV crash
- Terry McAteer: Rejecting endorsement of hatred, bigotry
- Caltrans talks Highway 49 concept: Center barrier, roundabouts on corridor
- General manager of Nevada Irrigation District clarifies comments about marijuana grows