WildCatz claim U14 soccer cup
February 8, 2013
The under-14 WildCatz from Grass Valley came away champions last weekend, as they won the Commissioners Cup soccer tournament.
With a win and a tie already tallied, the WildCatz defeated the Lincoln Storm Saturday, 3-1, behind goals from Madison Bigelow and Savannah Collyer (2) to advance to the title game. Facing the Orangeville Pixies in the final, the WildCatz overcame the pouring rain to win 2-1. Collyer scored both goals, and goalie Kaylee Bohrer made key saves for the WildCatz in the win.
Trending In: Sports
- ALUMNI: Nevada Union alumna Woodward pins down All-American status
- PREP BASKETBALL: Nevada Union, Bear River, Forest Lake Christian discover playoff paths
- CYCLING: Nevada City Dirt Classic, YBONC team up with USA Cycling
- PREP BASKETBALL: Forest Lake Christian crushes Lutheran in 1st round of playoffs
- ALUMNI NOTEBOOK: Bear River graduate Nerissa Eason dominant in first college starts
- North San Juan family loses virtually everything in house fire
- UPDATE: Both lanes re-opened on Highway 49 in Grass Valley after sinkhole inspection
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Person refuses to leave until he’s done sleeping
- Nevada City’s Streicher House on the lookout for new location
- Nevada City Planning Commission OK’s outdoor pot grows