WildCatz claim U14 soccer cup
February 8, 2013
The under-14 WildCatz from Grass Valley came away champions last weekend, as they won the Commissioners Cup soccer tournament.
With a win and a tie already tallied, the WildCatz defeated the Lincoln Storm Saturday, 3-1, behind goals from Madison Bigelow and Savannah Collyer (2) to advance to the title game. Facing the Orangeville Pixies in the final, the WildCatz overcame the pouring rain to win 2-1. Collyer scored both goals, and goalie Kaylee Bohrer made key saves for the WildCatz in the win.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- Repeat offender back in Nevada County Jail, police say
- HOMICIDE: Friends say Penn Valley murder suspect appeared to be deteriorating, kept guns in home
- Update: Juvenile smoking near the brush, arrested in connection to Auburn fire
- ATV theft takes strange turn, leads authorities from Newtown Road to Penn Valley Drive
- UPDATE: 1 charged with murder in Penn Valley death