WildCatz claim U14 soccer cup
February 8, 2013
The under-14 WildCatz from Grass Valley came away champions last weekend, as they won the Commissioners Cup soccer tournament.
With a win and a tie already tallied, the WildCatz defeated the Lincoln Storm Saturday, 3-1, behind goals from Madison Bigelow and Savannah Collyer (2) to advance to the title game. Facing the Orangeville Pixies in the final, the WildCatz overcame the pouring rain to win 2-1. Collyer scored both goals, and goalie Kaylee Bohrer made key saves for the WildCatz in the win.
Trending In: Sports
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public
- Vehicle crashes into Grass Valley hair salon (VIDEO)
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- Toran Maronic beat the odds, now he’s making the most of his second chance
- Randy Hansen, facing child sex accusations, wants search warrant quashed