Virva dives in with the best
August 12, 2014
Dillon Virva, a 2012 Nevada Union graduate and member of the UNLV Team Rebel club swim team, dove in against the best last weekend at the Phillips 66 National Championships in Irvine.
Competing against other elite swimmers in the nation, Virva tallied a personal best time in the 50-meter freestyle (22.56 seconds), ranking him 18th in the nation. Olympian Anthony Ervin won the event with a time of 21.55.
Virva also competed in the 50 butterfly and the 100 butterfly, finishing 36th with a time of 24.75 in the 50, and 47th in the nation in the 100 with a time of 54.94.
Virva is currently ranked No. 16 in the world in the short course 50 free (19.19), a time he set at the NCAA D-I Championships in Austin, Texas earlier this year.Coaches and event organizers may submit game reports by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 530-477-4232.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- PREP VOLLEYBALL: Lady Miners enjoying best season in years, set to face Rocklin on Pink Night
- PREP FOOTBALL: Nevada Union blanked by Bulldogs
- ALUMNI NOTEBOOK: Nevada Union grad Nora Pizzella helps Chico State XC to 2nd place finish in Washington
- IN THE WAKE OF THE WEEK: Humphers now in the 200 club; NBA hoops coming soon
- PREP FOOTBALL: Bear River rallies late, edges Foothill for 1st league win (VIDEO)