Union Hill Empire Mine Run
October 8, 2012
At the 15th annual Union Hill Empire Mine Run, more than 340 elementary and junior high runners competed for precious medals at a state park known for yielding gold.
Seventeen Nevada and Placer County schools competed in the mile-long course, featuring several heats based on age groups with medals going to the top 10 finishers from each group.
At right: Kyah Montgomery came in first in the fourth-grade girls race.
For more photos and video of the event, visit http://www.TheUnion.com and click on this story.
— Photos for The Union by John Hart
Trending In: Sports
- Grass Valley man found with 44 pounds of marijuana, authorities say
- THE UNION NOW: Live streaming from the newsroom
- Protest planned outside Auburn water agency event Friday
- Nevada County child sex suspect scheduled to return to court next week
- 3 brothers appear in Nevada County Superior Court on unrelated charges