Trkac runners impress at Senior Games
May 13, 2014
Eight runners from the Trkac Racing Team traveled to San Mateo College to compete with more than 200 other athletes in the 2014 Bay Area Senior Games Track and Field Meet.
Head coach Clyde Lehman reports his team ran exceptionally well, dominating every race they contested in this track meet for athletes aged 50 and older.
The first race of the day was the 5000-meter with the overall women's and men's win going to Trkac's Maki Ohler (19 minutes, 39.1 seconds) and Robert Warner (19:58.6).
Other winners in the 5000 were Trkac teammates Ron Gross (1st – 23:29.6) and Jim Beckett (2nd – 24:00.9) in the 76–79 age group, Inka Mims (2nd – 20:17.9) in 50–54 age group and Peter Ohler (3rd – 28:02.1) in the 60–64 age group.
In the 800 meter race John Darlington (1st -2:48.4) in the 65–69 age group, Al Shook (1st – 3:02.2) for the 70–74 age group and Frank Castro-Wehr (4th – 2:46.15) in the 55–59 age group.
The final distance race of the meet was the 1500 where Trkac racers Inka Mims (5:40.12) won the 50–54 age group and Jim Beckett took the 75–79 age group.
"The really exciting thing was five of our eight runners, Maki Ohler, Inka Mims, Ron Gross, Jim Beckett and Al Shook, had times fast enough to achieve USATF All American honors," Lehman said. "In fact, Maki and Inka, now have the fastest 5000 meter times recorded by USATF this year."
The next event for the team is the USATF Masters Track and Field Championships on June 14, also held at San Mateo College.
The Trkac Racing Team is open to anyone with the desire to run, race and train with an energetic and enthusiastic group of runners.
For more information, contact coach Clyde Lehman at 530-470-8697 or Trkac Specialty Running Store at 530-274-4422.
Trending In: Sports
- TRACK AND FIELD: Records fall at Union Hill Invitational
- TRACK & FIELD: World, American records fall at Sierra Gold Masters Track and Field Festival
- ALUMNI NOTEBOOK: Nevada Union grad Josh Roenicke having strong season in Mexico
- COLLEGE BOUND: Nevada Union student athletes make college commitments
- INDYCAR: Rossi qualifies on the front row for Indy 500
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Driver rear-ends vehicle, flees scene of Highway 49 wreck, CHP says
- Vehicle crashes into Grass Valley hair salon (VIDEO)
- Man dies from NorCal gas station nacho-cheese dip
- Nevada County judge dismisses conviction against former Supervisor Terry Lamphier